The Colchester Officers’ Club is committed to prioritising the well-being of all children and young adults at risk, promoting safeguarding in our club at all times.
Our policy strives to minimise risk and delivers a positive tennis experience for all. We will respond appropriately to all concerns or disclosures.
Spectators, please check that you have the relevant consent from parents/carers, children and adults before taking or using photos and videos.
Safe & Inclusive Code of Conduct
All employees, volunteers, members and others using Colchester Officers’ Club are required to abide by this code of conduct.
This is required in order to support the Club in providing a welcoming and safe environment for all children and young people and in the implementation of its’ child protection policies and procedures. Those working in the Club should, at all times:
– Priorities the well-being of all children and adults at all times
– Respect the rights, dignity and worth of every person within the context of our sports
– Display high standards of behaviour
– Always work in an open environment (avoid private or unobserved situations)
– Promote fair play values: enjoy; respect
– Keep clear boundaries between your professional and personal life, including on social media
– Check you have relevant consent from parents/carers, children and adults before taking or using photos and videos
– Where possible, do not be alone with a child or adult at risk (LTA guidance does allow for public 1:1 coaching as defined within the good practice guidelines)
– Do not abuse, neglect, harm or discriminate against anyone; or act in a way that may be interpreted as such
Safeguarding is the responsibility or everyone. Not responding to a safeguarding disclosure is not an option.
Doing nothing is NOT an option: report all concerns and disclosures as soon as possible.
Our coach, Tom Perry is LTA accredited and has undergone relevant training.
Safeguarding Officer: Angela Eastaugh – 07954 694690 (email@example.com)
Deputy Safeguarding Officer: Peter Halliday – 07510 661319
Both have the relevant skills and training to undertake the role. Tom, Angela and Peter all hold current DBS certificates.
LTA safe and inclusive tennis team – 0208 487 7000 – Mon-Fri – 9am – 5pm
NSPCC – 0808 800 5000
In an emergency, you should contact the police by dialling 999
Please click here to report a concern to the LTA (link will take you to LTA’s Safeguarding page).